Monday, October 22, 2012

Amazon EC2 N. Virginia is down

Tonight is the first time I see the AWS Management console not available after more than two years of using it. The Instances page result with an error: "Request limit exceeded" instead of a list of my instances for the N. Virginia region.


I was thinking something is broken with my connection so I cleared all my the browser caches and re-opened AWS, but it is really down.

On the AWS health dashboard only says there are performance issues with the EC2 and Elastic Beanstalk but only a note for some elevated error rate for the AWS management console... I would call it service disruption.

Let's hope the service will get back on track soon...



I have some services in N. Virginia which are down while others are working just fine. AWS says that only AZ us-east-1c is broken and it sounds right.
The strange this is that Amazon reports for the problem to start at 10:38 PDT while on my monitoring service I see this problem much earlier, starting at around 17:00 GMT+2 (which is 08:00 PDT):




No comments:

Post a Comment